Masou Shoujo Chapter 12

Chapter 12: The Beautiful Girl Ends Up Getting Curious About The Mob



Now then, a week has passed since I got rid of both the delinquents and the stalker and safely avoided the bad ending of the "if story".

Thanks to Gindou Kohaku's various explanations, the weird rumors about me have gone away safely. And from within the school, I was occasionally looked at with respect.


However, it spread to the fact that I beat the stalker with a dual-gun, and suspicions were cast on some people that I was a Chuuni, a delusionist.


"Ah! The dual-gun!"

"I heard he's carrying some Japanese dictionaries around under his clothes!"

"And I heard about him with a second name called Double Destruction."

"Yeah, that absolutely makes things about him even worse."


Various embarrassing things happened, but... well, let's just say it's okay.


However, I wonder if my success this time around was not moderate? Though I might have been able to have done it better, I think I have done all I could to reach for my best. 

I'm an ordinary person, but it was worth preparing for all that. However, I discovered the fact that I didn't need the electric gun. Since I can be unrivaled with a super spicy water gun, I'm thinking I'd want to establish a dual super spicy water gun style from now on.


By the way, since then, I have stopped following her around. There are various reasons, but the first is bad-ending avoidance. And the next reason is that I must make other heroines avoid bad endings.


The sickening and disgusting "if story" is connected. Volume 2 begins with Gindou Kohaku ending up being killed. That's precisely why one could say that the things that will happen next are inevitable. I'm giving it a lot of thought, but I'll probably have to get along with her first.


"Hihara Karen"....


For that sake, it can probably be said that the knowledge of the light novel "The Failure of the Academy of Magic" is essential.

It is the work she loves the most, and in this world, it's a popular work with the word "super" attached to it. It's also being adapted into an anime.


She likes "The Failure of Magic Academy" the most, but that's not to say this is the only one; she's a serious otaku.

In order to get along with her, I have to be familiar with light novels, anime, manga, etc. Fortunately, I don't dislike this genre whatsoever, and I liked it even in my previous life, so I was able to decipher those quickly.


Even before I entered Minna no Iro High School, which I am currently attending, I had accumulated the necessary otaku knowledge. One could also say that the preparations to get along with her are perfect. And the rest...it depends on my courage.


I'm not good at having conversations with girls. Something or other, I was able to talk to Gindou Kohaku, but it took me a while to get used to it. At first, of course, all I did was get nervous, but I can't say to let that be forever either. That's exactly why I'll come and talk to Hihara Karen when she's probably eating at the cafeteria during lunch break today!!


Before the homeroom started, I read the first volume of "The Failure of the Academy of Magic" and reviewed my knowledge as I hardened my resolve.


"Oh! Isn't that "The Failure of the Academy of Magic", right? You like that?"

"Well, yeah. Sasamoto, you know this too?"


As I was doing a review of this since this morning, Sasamoto came and talked to me from the front seat with great interest.


"Only seen a little bit of its anime, though."

"Was that so. Interesting right? this."


This is not a lie. It's true that I started reading to get along with Hihara Karen, but it was so much more interesting than I expected, that I bought all the books on sale and read them immediately.


"Yeah, it sure was quite interesting, but..."

"'But?' What?"

"It's more fun for me to look at ero books alright!!"

"Figured"

"I wonder if they'll be adapting anime from ero books?"

"That is, a no."


I left Sasamoto who was thinking about stupid things to himself and started to continue reading.

And while reading, I thought to myself and felt it once again, "As I thought, this is intriguing."


◆◆◆



A week has passed since I cried like a child that day. 

I talked about various things to solve the weird rumors about him at the school as a way of thanking him, but it's a puzzle that some students are holding back their laughter.


Since then, he has never come near me. He doesn't come to talk to me either. And now that I'm coming to and from school by myself, I feel a little lonely... not, but I couldn't say I didn't either. 

I thought perhaps, then I looked back to see if he was near me again, but he wasn't there... It's not that it gets into my mind that I've gone and completely lost contact with him.


I mean, it's doesn't really matter. I am grateful to him. I don't have any feelings of dislike, and I have no feelings beyond that; it should be, but...


Lately, I find myself as if following after him with my eyes. There is no particular meaning to it, but there is myself who ends up chasing him. 

And now he is happily reading novels. It doesn't show on his face much, but I know that he's in a good mood.


"Gindou-san"

"Y-Yes!?"


When I was looking at him, Natsuko-san behind me suddenly came and started talking to me, so I went and let out a little loud voice.


"Ah, sorry. Did I surprise you?"

"No, it's okay."


Noguchi Natsuko-san. She sits behind me, and though she feels like a natural, she possesses a keen sense of something, and even in the short time since I entered the school, I knew that her knowledge of her studies was considerable.


"Really? That's fine then. Actually, there's something I want to ask Gindou-san you see."


It seems that I made her worry by being overly surprised. Recently, I have had more opportunities to interact with her than ever before, and one could also say it might be close to a relationship called friends.

His words also made me start thinking about trying to trust and believe in friendship once again, so I talked to Natsuko-san more than ever this past week. It's not that I have fully trusted her yet, but I know she's not a bad person.


"What is it?"

“Gindou-san, you like Kuroda-kun, right?”

"Eh? Eeeeeeehhh!?"


Just what is she talking about all of a sudden!? What is she saying even!?

There's no way it's like that. She's making misunderstandings all by herself!!


"As I thought"

"Y-You're wrong!"

"I mean, you've been looking at Izayoi-kun at every chance you get this past week, after all. I get it."

"Please don't decide it all by yourself!!"


Natsuko-san looked at me as if teasing me. It's true that I might have been looking at him, but that alone doesn't mean I like him... or anything!


"There you go again, I know you like him."

"It's not 'like'!"

"Then, is it 'hate'?"

"It's not 'hate' either, but..."


"There are people who held admiration for Gindou-san's figure when she moved to save someone, and there were people whose hearts were shaken and encouraged. That time Gindou Kohaku, who reached out her hand for someone no matter how much she was hurt, must have given someone hope. Your figure of that time must have been more dazzling than anything else, so beautiful, much kinder than anyone else, and cool."


It is as if he had just come and seen my past himself; he gave me the words I wanted most. My heart throbs fast whenever I remember that time.


"It's not 'like' either...."

"Me, this is the first time I've ever seen such an easy-to-understand person. Gindou-san, your face is bright red, you know?"

"Eh?"


I cover my cheeks with my hands without thinking. It certainly is a little hot...


"This is, it's different! I've been feverish since this morning you see!"

"Ah, yes. It's fine with that already."


Somehow, I managed to clear up the misunderstanding; that's a relief for the time being.

I feel like I'm being looked at with lukewarm eyes somewhat, but it's probably just my imagination.

I turn my gaze at him again. I wasn't particularly conscious of it at this time, that I went and naturally turned my gaze toward him. 

As I was watching him, I felt another lukewarm eye from next to me. By the time I realized it, it was too late. My face feels even hotter.


"Look, as I thought, you're looking at him. You like him so much that you went and looked at him, right?"

"Yo-, You're wro-. This is, there's a cute bird over there you see."

"Your excuse's too poor."

"It's true you know! There really was!"


It's embarrassing when she looks at me with a grin on her face. 

Aah, it seems that the misunderstanding hasn't been cleared yet.... 

And so, even as I turned my head down in embarrassment, I turned my eyes once again at him reading his novel.





TL: Maza Miya

Editor: Maza Miya

[I dunno why, but.... it seems from Kohaku's perspective, what Izayoi said last time was kind of different. I seriously don't know whether the author made it that way on purpose or not, but I think it was kind of a nice touch.]

Previous Chapter | ToC | RAW

Picked up by Soafp. Links to their website and the next chapter :

Soafp | ToC | Next Chapter

[I will not be doing translation for some time again. That "some time" can vary; in my case, I think once every three months, or even more than that!]

[And so, this is it. See you again sometime!]

Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter TL, we'll see you later, or maybe not, haha. 👋😢

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the chapter. Wao, she fell really hard. She might really become a yandere later. Huh? A yandere magical girl? That would be a first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised that Naguchi Natsuko was referring to the MC with both Kuroda-kun and Izayoi-kun. What might be the reason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I had an "oh sh*t" moment reading this.... Until I checked the raw again and found out that's just how things are. In other words, the raw is like that.

      Delete
    2. It's still interesting, right?

      Delete
    3. Well, if you are referring to what might be the reason for that, all I could say is that those are just some girl talk, probably. Maybe she is just teasing her by mentioning his first name or something? Idk.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for chapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the TL until now! Hopefully someone picks this one up. One of the few novels on my reading lists that I read the second I see an update for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would really be more interesting if she was left confused and didn't immediately fall for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bro really thinks he's Alucard from Hellsing 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for the translations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you were to find some oddities with my translation feel free to point it out.
-----------
No need to rush.