Masou Shoujo Chapter 1

Volume 1 : Silvery-white Girl

Chapter 1: A Mob Reincarnated In The World Of A Light Novel



Question, what would you do if you knew that some beautiful girls out there would meet with harsh brutalish fate?

Overlook it? Would you turn a blind eye to it?

That might be the right decision, too. If it might put you in danger yourself, ignoring it is probably also one way to go about it. But, what if it ends up destroying the world? The story becomes different. You have to save them, no matter what. Wouldn't you think so?

I think so. If the world perishes, I will die too. And my family and friends too...

If that happens it's not about it being a disaster.

That's precisely why, I have decided. Those beautiful girls, who are also "magiclad girls", I'll save them at any cost....


◆◆◆ 



My name is Kuroda Izayoi. I should have been with the phrase of "a normal high school student".

When I was in the third year of junior high school, I had a high fever for several days and when I recovered, the memory of my previous life came back to me.

At first, there was a bit of confusion too, but the worldview is almost the same as in the previous life. It was close to modern Japan, so I adapted quickly and lived a normal life.

However, when I was looking at the newspaper one day, I saw the word "Nanairo Town". I can only say I knew the name of this town. It was a town that existed in the greatly popular light novel that was in my previous life. [Tl note: Nanairo Town -> Seven Colors Town in Eng.]

After that, I researched various things about the town and noticed that it has almost the same setting.

I got flustered. The world of this light novel was called 

"Magiclad Girl ~Secret Five~" 

and it was a classic story about magiclad girls playing an active role to save the world.

If that's all there is to it, there's no need to panic, but the problem is that this story has an "if story" that premises the downfall of the world.

Anyway, this story is just awful. First of all, this story was released as a spin-off work and treated as "if".

A story that might have been possible for the magiclad girls. The catchphrase used for their advertisement goes like that. I was also curious and try to read it, but it was a pile of sickening and disgusting stories.

Girls are killed, played with by men like toys, their egos collapse, suicides. And more.

Such was the story. Fans were, of course, outraged by this. A rush of criticism goes to the author.

The situation escalated to the point where the internet went up in flames.

Moreover, what after they suffer a terrible experience, there becomes no one to protect the world, and then the world downfall. It's nothing but the worst possible thing that could happen. 

In both the original story and the if story, invaders called "Demons" appear.

In the bad end, the girls are already ended up dead, so the world is destroyed without anyone who can protect it. Both worlds have almost exactly the same setting, but the only difference is the story of how the "Demons" begin their invasion.

Perhaps there was also a hope in me that it would be a pure-like story world line, but wonder what would happen if the case were different.

Once you start thinking that way, you have to move or it can't go. 

My mentality is in tatters due to the anxiety of what an ordinary person can do and the fear and uneasiness of what might happen to me.

The lucky thing is, the protagonist and I were in the same year, I guess. I was able to figure it out by making a comparison of my own knowledge and age. I feel like it's somewhat easier to move around too.

Both the story and the if story begin before they become magiclad girls, when they are just high school girls with no powers or anything. If it's the original "story" that starts after enrollment, it leads to "Magiclad Girl" without any major events. But the "If Story" case is different.

From the entrance ceremony, the worst situation happens one after another and everyone dies. And just like that, the world downfall.

If the case is with the if story, it's fine if I just go and avoid the worst part. Since the world is almost the same as the original world, if I do so, it will become as the world of the original "story" and then happy end. The only difference between the two stories is the events leading up to the time of the "demon's" attack.

The world and the girls' fates must be changed somehow. 

With that in mind, I stepped into this "Minna no Iro High School". Perhaps, it might be that, the destiny of the world hangs on me. [Tl note: Minna no Iro -> Everyone's Color]

――The cherry blossoms, are beautiful aren't they?

Such is what I was thinking. Perhaps it was an escapism for that matter, with "Something immense of the future of the world might be at stake".

As there was also the entrance ceremony, cherry blossoms were in full bloom and beautiful petals were dancing in the wind.

The uniform's basic tone is red. I wanted to have my second life be interesting, fun, and fulfilling and, in some way, lead a carefree school life, but that would probably be impossible until I ensured the safety of this world.

I'm begging you so, please, let the story not be the one with the world downfall.

I just prayed earnestly as I walked around the school building. It's a nice school with a big exterior appearance, a sense of cleanliness, and well-equipped facilities. Well, I knew all that though.

For now, head to the first year classroom. Everyone had a hopeful look on their face. I must have been the exact opposite of such a face. I ended up knowing right away without looking in the mirror. Enter the school, change into new indoor shoes, walk down the hallway, and find your own class.

[Class A, Year 1.]

When I opened the door of the classroom, a number of students were already inside talking happily. Comparing the number of seats with the number of people now in the classroom, it seems that I arrived quite latish.

But that kind of thing doesn't matter. While observing the classroom, I find a certain girl in the crowd.

――She was there. The protagonist.

Waist-length silver hair and jewel-like azure eyes. Her facial deviation value is a perfect score with room for composure. The hero and the hope of the world.

"Gindou Kohaku"

There were already many people around her, and despite it being the first day of enrollment, I could greatly feel the familiarity from her.

"Pretty"

"Goddess"

"To be in this class, I'm happy"

I take my seat. The boys around were staring with heart eyes at her. I know how you feel a great deal, she sure is cute. And yet refined. It probably can be said that she is the perfect woman who threw in the admiration of men.

When I sit down, a male student in front of my seat comes and talks to me.

"Hey"

"What's up?"

As I reply, I look at the boy's face. He probably doesn't know me, but I know him.

"I don't have any particular business, but since we're going to be sitting close to each other anyway, I thought I'd say hello. Sasamoto Tarou, let's get along."

"I'm Kuroda Izayoi. Let's get along."

A young man who looks like a normal high school boy.

[Sasamoto Tarou]

Also known by the alias Professor Erotic Book. He always carries erotic books with him, and it is said that the number he owns reaches four digits. 

"Aren't we happy in this class?"

"That's sudden. Though I won't deny it..."

Sasamoto had a lewd look on his face while looking at Kohaku. 

I also got drawn in to look at Gindou Kohaku once more, but my cheeks were getting a little hot.

Cute indeed. No matter how many times I look at her, she's cute.

"That girl is cute right~. Wonder does she have a boyfriend?"

"I wonder about that. But if she were to get a boyfriend, he would have to be a ridiculously handsome guy."

"Well, that'd be difficult for you and me."

――This guy, wonder is it okay if I blow him away?

It doesn't matter if he's a story character or not. I want to blow him away when he says rude things when this is almost our first meeting.

It's true that I'm not a good-looking guy, but being told this so straight out will damage my mental health.

"You're right"

Under the desk, the left hand holds down the aching in the right hand. I don't have that big of a heart. Water of anger seems going to spill out of my vessel.

"Aww man. Wonder why we born normal guys?"

"Who knows"

The "We" part is unnecessary. Come to think of it, even in the original work, he was quite the overfamiliar one and the type to say what he thought.

When I was thinking about such a thing, the door on the front side of the classroom opened and the teacher entered. A muscular teacher with a slightly fierce look.

[Rokudou Tetsurou]

As you can see, he's not just a teacher. His brother is the boss of a ridiculously large yakuza group called the "Chiretsu Group" in this town. [TL note: I'm completely lost on the meaning.]

"You guys take your seats."

When Rokudou Tetsurou, a moderately hardliner, says this, everyone quickly returns to their seats while being frightened. After confirming everyone's already in their seats, he begins the rest of his story.

"From today onwards, I'm Rokudou Tetsurou, the one who'll become your homeroom teacher. Look forward to getting along with you. Though it's right away, I will now be explaining today's school entrance ceremony. Make sure you listen properly."

After we dispassionately listened to the explanation about the entrance ceremony, we, Class A, head to the gymnasium where the entrance ceremony will be held.

The school is made up of three classes, C through A in each grade level. The high school has about 300 students in total.

In the story, there are five magiclad girls, and at the present stage, there are three people in this high school who have the hidden potential to become magiclad girls. The other two are not here presently.

It is these three people in this high school who get the very worst of worsts of it.

1st Year "Gindou Kohaku"

2nd year "Hihara Karen"

2nd year "Kikawa Moegi"

For the remaining two, the if story for them were not released. Probably it was because of the storm of criticism online and other issues....

For now, these three are the ones I should be paying attention to. Especially the one who would, at the beginning, meet a very harsh fate.

Gindou Kohaku. If she doesn't get one badly, just like in the normal original story, it'd be a happy ending. I can remain and devote myself to being a spectator as it is.

However, I don't even want to remember what would happen if it was different... Well, no point to it even if I think about it now.

For now, let's concentrate on the entrance ceremony.





TL: Maza Miya

Editor: Maza Miya

[Tl note: 魔装少女?, literal. "magically ornamented girl" are girls with magical powers.]

ToC | Next Chapter

Comments

  1. Wao, this is a very unconventional story. It really makes me interested. I am looking forward to the future translations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unconventional? Not really. After all, his role is very similar to the one that taken by Homura, minus the time loop, of course.

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you were to find some oddities with my translation feel free to point it out.
-----------
No need to rush.