Villainess Brother Chapter 10

Chapter 10 : Basement Vault



Upon reaching the basement, Sebas opened one of the five doors with the key given to him by my father.

Beyond the door was a room with a size of about 30 square meters, and in the middle of the room was a large pile of coins.

Quite a lot of coins.

The top of the pile of coins is about to reach the ceiling, which is nearly three meters high.

"This is money, right?"

"Yes, it is money. This coin will be the salary of your servants."

Sebas and others' salary?

I get that but... just because of that, why did he bring me here?

a, could it be....。

"Does it means I also have to manage everyone's salary?"

"It is precisely as you say."

I ended up given such an affirmation.

What it means to manage servants, one must also have to manage their salaries as well huh...。

Does anyone normally let a two-year-old child do that much?

I still don't really understand what is normal in this world but, as expected I don't think this is a job for a two-year-old to do.

"Are you going to waive your rights?"

Sebas made a suggestion to me, who was once again standing in a daze.

"I'll do it, I'll do my best okay"

"Certainly."

U~n..... Is it just my imagination that I feel threatened even though he said he would help?

"Well then shall us go to the next one."

After locking the room we were in, Sebas opened the farthest door.

Inside was the same room as before, with a size of 30 square meters, and coins were piled up high in heaps.

However, unlike the previous room, there was not one pile of coins, but two on the left and right.

"The coin here, will be used for Luke-sama and Erina-sama."

"A coin for me and Erina?"

"Yes"

That's quite a lot of coins.

There are as many coins in one pile as there were in the previous room.

Because the color of the piled coins is different, the amount itself is probably different.

To raise the children of the feudal lord, one would need this much money is what it means I wonder?

“Then Luke-sama, in what way would you be treating this?”

"e?"

In what way? what do you mean?

what is in what way are you going on about?

There is no explanation that's why I don't understand.

I didn't understand and tried to ask back, but suddenly I remembered what Sebas had said earlier.

"From now on, it's fine to just think, learn, and know"

He may be talking about this in a roundabout way.

In addition, I may be being tested.

Whether or not I am a suitable person to be the next lord.

Even if it's natural to ask something you don't understand, it's not good for a feudal lord to think too little.

Sebas must have deliberately left out the explanation.

Well, that's just my wild guess.

Either way, it's a little uncool to ask again and again.

Let's think about it here on the premise that the speculation is correct.

"What do you intent to do?" should be pointing to the coin in front of me.

It's money, so of course there's no use for it other than to use it.

In other words, "How will this coin be used?" will become.

And the fact that he held the key and took the trouble to guide me to this room, it had already decided how it would be used.

That's right, it's Arche's child-rearing expenses.

Money doesn't come out of nowhere.

If I bring Arche's child to the mansion, it means I can pay the necessary expenses myself to raise the child.

I'm sure the money has already given to the person who's taking care of Arche's child but, I can't just say while with me being selfish to return it back to me now right.

I see, it's true that you have to think before you act.

I didn't even think about it until I saw my and Erina's child-rearing expenses.

Well then, now that I know what it's for, let's tell Sebas how to do it.

"Sebas, let's take all the coins here to the room just before."

"A, All is it?"

The poker-faced Sebas, who had never broken his expression before, was surprised.

Instead of denying it, the fact he is asking back in regard to the amount of coins to be moved seems to mean that I was right about it.

He was surprised because it was more than he expected. Probably.

"Un, all"

"Ce, certainly....."

Sebas and I spent about an hour moving the coins.

After that, Sebas handed me the keys to two rooms, I only got the key to the room where my coins and Erina's coins were kept, and I asked Sebas to manage the other key and coin.

I thought I would be turned down, but Sebas willingly accepted.

Or rather, it seems that it was originally a job that Sebas was entrusted with, and that if I asked him to do it, he would accept it.

It's still a heavy burden for someone like me, who has never worked, to manage things like salaries.

I had a sigh of relief that he accepted it you know.





TL: Maza Miya

Editor: Maza Miya

[I translated the first volume out of my spare time and boredom. It doesn't mean this will be the normal updates schedule for this novel, I'm doing this because I thought it would be fun.]

Previous Chapter || ToC || Next Chapter

Comments

  1. I was waiting for that for soooo loooong !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will relse more chapters of that series

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized, of course the butler's name is Sebas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you were to find some oddities with my translation feel free to point it out.
-----------
No need to rush.