Villainess Brother Chapter 9

Chapter 9 : As The Next Lord



The mansion has three floors and is about the size of a school gymnasium.

My room and Erina's room are on the third floor, and my father's bedroom and study are also on the third floor.

However, the former and the latter are in opposite positions.

For that reason, going to my father's study is a bit of a walk with my two-year-old body.

In fact, it took me five minutes to get there.

In my previous life, I was sharing in a very small room with my third sister and with my inferiority, so I longed for a big house, but...

[Tl note: MC is the fourth child, he is sharing room with his third sister, the third child.]

Unexpectedly, I never thought it would be too big and inconvenient.

*kon*kon* Knock knock

After knocking on the door twice and saying "it's Luke", I entered the study after being told by my father to "enter".

In the study, my father was sitting on a chair and talking with the butler, Sebas, looking through what appeared to be documents in his hand.

I don't know what they're talking about at all.

By the way, the butler Sebas is a tall elderly man with a beard in his early fifties.

He is a super butler guardman grandpa who has mastered self-defense and swordsmanship, and besides his duties as a butler, he also guards the mansion.

"What's wrong Luke?" my father Lloyd asked me why I came to the study room.

"Yes, I came here to talk about Arche."

"About Arche? Tell me."

"Yes, Arche has a child. Since she is a mother, I would like for her to live with her child, so would it be possible to raise the child together with Erina in the mansion?"

When my father heard my story,

"Her child, huh"

After a short pause, he asked me a question this time.

“Luke, is that not your personal opinion, but yours as the next lord?”

Thoughts as the next lord?

What does that mean... ah, was that how it is.

I am the next lord who will succeed my father in the future.

In other words, if I am in the position of the next feudal lord, my father is probably saying that my remarks will give me the power and responsibility to speak like a vice president. probably.

That's what I thought, "Yes", I strongly replied to my father.

"I get it. Then I will give you all the rights regarding the servants, including Arche. You can just do as you please."

"Ye... Eh!?"

I understood what was said after I was about to reply "yes".

It was approved?

Not only that.

I was handed over the rights for the servants but, what does this mean?

I don't really understand, so I tried to confirm what I was told with my own interpretation.

“Um, does that mean I was entrusted with the management of the servants in the mansion? and, I can also do whatever I like about Arche's child?"

"That's right."

That's right, he said.

What is this development?

I was going to hang on after being turned down, so I can't follow the flow of the conversation.

Isn't it a strict rule to have lines that it's almost like an obligation to do so?

"Don't say stupid things!" or "It’s only natural for the people to do their best for the lord!" I thought I would be told harshly like that.

This is really unexpected.



♦ ♦ ♦


My father took out two keys from the desk drawer and handed them over to Sebas.

"Certainly."

Saying that, Sebas took me out of the study room and into the corridor.

In the meantime, my father looked through the documents at hand as if nothing had happened.

“Then Luke-sama, shall we go?”

"Where are we going?"

"To the mansion basement."

"Basement?"

"Yes."

If I go down the central stairs of the mansion from the first floor, I will then enter the basement.

There is one long corridor, and there are five locked rooms...。

Why such place?

He has the key, so I guess he has something to do with those rooms.

Sebas guides me, who was two years old, and slowly walked in front of me.

It probably takes about three minutes to reach the basement.

Since it was a chance, I used this three minutes to ask Sebas what I really wanted to ask my father.

"Nee, Sebas. Why did my father entrust Sebas and the others to me?"

"Because Luke-sama asked for the authority for the servants. And Lloyd-sama gave the permission. that's all there is to the talk."

"Did I ask for the authority of servants? I'm only talking about Arche, you know?"

"You want to raise Arche's child in the mansion. I recall that's what you were talking about."

"Un"

“Raising a child other than Erina-sama together will increase the burden on Arche. She will not be able to do the things she used to do until now, as a matter of course. Arche was entrusted with not only childcare but also the housework."

"Ah... then someone else will have to do the housework that she can no longer do. Arche will also be in trouble, so everyone has to help each other out."

"That's exactly it. In addition, it is necessary to review various things such as the amount of food to make good quality breast milk. Even more than before, everyone in the mansion must support Arche. Compared to Arche herself, the burden would be insignificant, but the entire mansion would still have to move. What Luke-sama said to Lloyd-sama will affect everyone who lives in the mansion.”

...... this got me huh.

I didn't think about it that far.

No, wrong. That's not it.

I couldn't think about it that far. 

"Sorry Sebas. I was only thinking about Arche."

"It's okay Luke-sama, from now on, it's fine to just think, learn, and know, it is only of these matters. It just..."

"It just?"

“If Luke-sama can’t bring us together well, the servant’s rights will return to Lloyd-sama, to maintain the status quo is what it will ends up.”

e.....That will be a trouble.

Since I got the rights for the servants from my father.

I want Arche to be able to spend time with her child.

But specifically how exactly should I go about it...

“Sebas, how should I manage to bring everyone together? What should I do to make it possible for Arche's child to live in the mansion?"

Sebas stops, bends his knees, looks at me, smiles and gently opens his mouth.

"That's that, Luke-sama."

"That?"

"If you don't understand and troubled, let's go try and ask everyone. Even this Sebas, although weak, will do his best to help Luke-sama."

With a gentle smile, Sebas' words were felt very reliable.

"Un! Thank you Sebas, Let's get along from here and now."

"Yes, likewise this here too please let's get along with each other."





TL: Maza Miya

Editor: Maza Miya

Comments

Post a Comment

If you were to find some oddities with my translation feel free to point it out.
-----------
No need to rush.