Masou Shoujo Chapter 6

Chapter 6: The Mob Reminiscing



"Um, have you calmed down yet?"

"Putting things like that into a woman's mouth... you're as horrible as those delinquents."

"Because you say it's fine to shoot it out."


Eh? What kind of talk is this? is what you might be thinking right now, but it's actually not something indecent. 

After the shooting with the water gun into her mouth, she took gulps of water and finally calmed down.

After that, both of us sat down on the sofa again.


"I certainly said so, but if it's this painful, shouldn't you have stopped?"

"I did ask before I really shoot it out didn't I?"

"....You did."


She should be the one responsible for this time.

She seemed reluctant to agree too, as she remembered what I asked before.


Now then, let's clear up her misunderstanding once and for all. 

If things go on like this, the world will be destroyed, and even though I'm moving to escape the bad end of the "if story", if she doesn't have any trust in me, even if I move, it won't go well.


"Um, the thing before was really a misunderstanding."

"I wonder about that? Though I think anyone could say anything they want with their mouth."


I can understand why she ends up reading too much into it because of her past, but, isn't she at fault this time?


"I don't want to say this kind of thing, but would you take it the other way around?"

"The other way around?"

"Like, 'Gindou-san pushed me down'..."

“Wh-, Why am I, pushing you down!?”


She raised her voice a bit, seemingly with a mixture of slight anger and shame.

Let's win this argument here and have her be convinced.


"I mean, it was Gindou-san who fell first anyway..."

"Th-that was, a coincidence!"

"Do you usually fall over when there's nothing there?"

"At that time... I didn't feel my feet, and I don't know why, but my legs got tangled and...."


It should be quite painful for her to be blamed for that. Precisely because what I'm saying makes more sense than she thought, it's hard to talk back.


"Heh~ So did you fall over nothing?"

"What!? Is that bad!? If you have something to say, then go ahead and say it!"

"No.... nothing in particular."

“How about you make a little effort to hide the lie!?”


To deliberately lie. It's a lie that anyone can understand. Though it could also be taken as "making her fly into a rage", it's proof that I'm steadily cornering her.

Alright!! I'll go through it like this!


"Leave the fooling around at that; I just wanted to say it like this, that anything and everything can be tied to suspicious behavior."

“......Are you saying as well, that I thought too much when I said that you and the delinquents were comrades?”

"Yes. That is what I wanted to say."

"It's true that I might have read too deeply into it."


Phew, I won. I managed to win the talk battle with her; have I regained her trust with this, I wonder?


"Right? I'm not a bad guy, see."

"Indeed, I might be overthinking the point about being in cahoots with those delinquents. Even though you helped me, I'm really sorry. For saying something rude...."

"No, no, please don't worry about it."


Aaahhh~ I'm glad. With this I managed to win her trust. Though she doesn't trust people easily, she must have felt my zeal.


"But, I can't trust you as a person who becomes defiant after touching a woman's body."


Well, I guess there's no way the door to her heart will open so easily. Though I knew it.


"I didn't turn defiant!"

"You did turn into one didn't you!"

"That's, I've said that it was inevitable many times, haven't I!"

"I wonder about that? When I fell down, didn't you think, 'ah, this is my chance!'?"


She's making this turn into an infinite loop! We had this conversation earlier didn't we! 

We're not getting anywhere anymore. I guess I'd be fine with just not being thought of as being in cahoots with those delinquents. Anymore than this would be meaningless anyway.


"That's fine already, with that"

"As I thought I was right wasn't I! You are filthy!"

"Then today I'm going home now..."


I get my hip up from the sofa while sighing and head to the entrance.


"Wait, the talk isn't over yet you know!"

"I'll hear those next time."


Head to the entrance at a brisk pace and change into my shoes immediately. 

And it seems, she will also more or less see me off.


"Then, excuse me"

"... If it's true, I'd like to contact the police, but just this time I'll forgive you."

"Yes, thank you very much"


Apparently, she'll give me her forgivance. 

Not that it was my fault, but let's not add more fuel to the fire any further. Only because I don't want to deal with police, no thanks.


"Ah, Gindou-san."

"What is it?"

“Would you like to, go to school with me tomorrow at 5am?”

"5am!? What are you thinking!?"


This is my bad-end avoidance plan, but there's no way she'll understand that.


"I'll come pick you up here."

"What are you planning to do by calling me at 5am?"

"Just walk you to school"

“If that's the case, it doesn’t have to be at that kind of time, does it?”

"Because the delinquents are hanging around."


She looked at me suspiciously again. I don't know what she's thinking, but I wonder if she can't trust me at all.


"From now on, every day at 5am to avoid delinquents? It's only been the second day since our enrollment, but I wonder if your body will last?"

"If it's that, it's okay..... probably."

“Which one is it? Well, that’s fine. I wouldn't want to meet with delinquents if I could either anyway."

"Then, I'll come tomorrow at 5 o'clock. With that, please excuse me."

"Take care, when you go home please okay?"

"Yes"


I opened the door as is and left her home.



On the way home, I checked the future and the present while being cautious of my surroundings.


First, this world is the one where it will meet its downfall. I have confirmed that it is the world line of the "if story". And I have confirmed that she got tangled up with defects on the first day. 


I wanted the world to be the normal "story".


The original "story" doesn't have any particularly interesting events until the latter half of the summer vacation. Until then, she lived as a beauty and normal high school student. There's no bonding between the "magiclad girls" or anything like that, it's more like a prologue.


The "if story" is a heap and series of bad luck, worst, disgusting, and sickening stories from the first day of school.


Why was this shitty story published? What was the author thinking? Wondered me tried to look it up. There were various theories about this, but the most prominent one was....



"The publisher's editor's unreasonable request and excessive directions."

First of all, this world's "Magiclad Girl ~Secret Five~" was already a completed work. An interesting, tremendous, big-hit light novel.

Although it was transcendently popular, a completed work will not always be at the top of the list.


This is a given. Old things to new things, this is normal.

However, the publishing company's business was deteriorating. Big hits other than "Magiclad Girl" are hard to come by.

Popular works from other companies sell well and fast. And gradually becoming impatient with this, the publisher's editor forced the publication of the completed "Magiclad Girl".

They forced the author to sketch the story. 

The first is an assortment of ordinary short stories. 

However, though works that are a little past their boom period still sell well, the growth is bad. And in the meantime, other companies will come out with masterpieces one after the other.


Rumors even began to emerge that writing for this company would sell better than writing for that company.

That other company sells better, so let's take our novels there. Such authors have become more and more common.

As a result, explosive-like works don't come out. The number of authors who bring their works to the editorial office decreases. The company's economic situation deteriorates and the possibility of bankruptcy also begins to appear. And there, they came up with the idea of forcing the publication of the big-hit work as "if story".


And thus precisely was the nothing but worst "if story". 


However, even if you just sell it, the growth is poor. Therefore, excessive direction, extreme and last-minute production. It was additionally decided that this would rekindle the flow. The author did show their disapproval of that, but they still unwillingly completed it.


They forcibly crammed in quite unreasonable advice in editing there, and the result was,

"The Worst No One is Saved. Bad End IF".

It was the worst work ever, but it sold pretty well. 

They write on the cover "Just futures that might have been possible". It's only natural that fans of the original would get curious and buy it. However, the fan was furious and the net went up in flames.


As a result, this makes people who used to buy but no longer do so curious to pick up the series.

The overly extreme production and other aspects of the series have attracted a lot of attention, and even non-fans are picking up the book. And sales went up considerably in a kind of flaming commercial method.

From there, though the series goes on to volume two and three, the story is too outstandingly bad, and the topic of it won't calm down. 

And so, the "if story" ascended to the top and reached a level rivaling its previous sales.


But the hardcore fan. The people who had read the magiclad girl the first time, their anger could not be contained.

And because of a real storm of online criticism by the fans. As a result, the work was cancelled after three volumes.


This is the whole picture of the worst work. 


I wish they would give me a break. But, I haven't anything else but to do it.

In order for me to move from now on too, I have more or less read the worst possible route as well, but let's check the contents of the first volume here.

First of all, on the way home from the first day of school, she is entangled with delinquents. No big deal here. Avoided.


Day 2

Forcibly taken and raped. This here too is avoided. 

However, it was unexpected that there were delinquents where they were not supposed to be. It's what you call an irregularity. It might be my fault, but I'd be fine with that because the result was better than it should have been.


And then tomorrow, the third day.


Gindou Kohaku, who was taken in the morning, was raped by about ten people. Pictures, etc., are taken and spread to various places from there. And delinquents from even further afield who had heard the rumors also crowded in.


The number of people keeps increasing in succession. Still she endures. Then, in mid-April, she became the victim of a stalker. 

With unstable mind and hollow, she doesn't realize the stalker. She was suddenly attacked, and though she resisted, she was raped as it is and killed with a knife.


The location where it happened is at a nearby park. The time is 6:15. As she cried, she descended into despair and died.

The trait of "if story" is that at this point, they are just high school girls with no power. These girls, have almost no connection with Magiclad Girl, and they don't even have any power, so they can't resist.


A "story" that can be said to be the exact opposite of its story.


Because they have power, they work hard with their friends, and then a happy ending.

With not even power, best friends became gone, and then a bad ending.


Wonder, wouldn't you think it's the worst? Wouldn't you think you want to change it?

I want to save the world. For self-protection, which is a stupid reason.


――But it's not a lie that I want to save those girls.


No one can understand this world except me. Then I haven't everything but to do it. But I'm just an ordinary guy. I learned things like martial arts, but I was thrown and beaten up every day.


What are the things I can do? How can I make a happy ending happen?

I wondered to myself and worried over my worries. And that result will come out tomorrow.





TL: Maza Miya

Editor: Maza Miya

[I don't know how things work at publishing company. All I get from this kanji "編集者" is either only "Editor" or "Publisher's Editor" or the already defined "editor in publishing". But even with that, I still don't get why they would be the one to become impatient.]

Previous Chapter | ToC | Next Chapter

Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter. A protagonist who has to deal with a shitty world with the worst possible plot. No matter how you look at it, if he really saves the world, he must be rewarded with a harem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or at the very least, lifetime friends

      Delete
    2. In this kind of setting, a harem will become a punishment instead.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the story, hopefully the MC trains to protect them physically even if he gets beaten up because it’s better to fight even if you get beaten up and still win instead of not fighting and running away every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every character in this world inspired by eroge is horny AF lmao. It must suck for the female leads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That publishing company was staffed by retards. If they force an author to be subjected to mental torture like writing this awful story, how it can escape the notice of other authors, in result making them extremely reluctant to get a contract with that particular company? It's like strangling your own neck, voluntarily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would understand if the author simply went crazy because he was forced to work on one project. But about the publishing house, it was a pretty bad excuse for why this story appeared.

      Delete
  6. I got a strong hunch the stalker + killer highly be Sasamoto.
    I hope so, because dude straight up annoying and didnt have brake when speaking out

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha sadly this scenario reminds me of how masemune revenge is having a 2nd manga not even a if story but a canon manga that takes place after they enter collage while fmc goes to a collage in another city mc and maidgirl studies at there own city and suddenly a rich bich comes and just declares mc to become her bf and she even lips him and cause of long distance we can even see mc and fmc drifting apart honestly its a fcking shitshow i just want to burn the manga cause the og was prefect the original ending and everything but nah they had to beat a dead horse for no absolute reason

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you were to find some oddities with my translation feel free to point it out.
-----------
No need to rush.