Villainess Brother Chapter 17

Chapter 17 : For Karen



A girl who borrowed a gold coin from me, has come to start working as a maid in the Cranbell household.

Incidentally, the next lord was able to loan one gold coin and one small silver coin as interest. Tohoho......。

The name of the girl who became the new maid is Karen.

This Karen's name though, it's not her real name.

Or rather, she didn't know her real name.

She was an orphan in the slums as far to the first time she gained awareness of things around her; as a result, she who has no parents, was never able to know her own name.

The slum has teams made up of only children, and it seems she was given a name by the boss of the team there.

However, it was rare in the slum where she lived, to continue to be called by the given name.

The reason is the disappearance and assignment of names due to the collapse of the team.

In the slum, there were many other teams made up of only children, and it seems that they were fighting for survival every day while scrambled for the limited food.

Due to conflicts, the team has been repeatedly disintegrated and merged, and Karen has moved from team to team each time.

Everywhere she moved, it seems that Karen was given a new name, and was called by that name.

As the team changes, so does the name.

That was the rule in the slum where Karen was.

So at first, I asked her to choose one from all the names that'd been given to her before, but she seemed to have feelings for all of them, and because she couldn't choose, "have the Cranbell household put a name on her the same way," so I was told.

There what was decided is, Karen.

The first to give the name was, Emma Anak.

That was when, I first learned that Emma had a daughter.

A girl, who was born just a little bit earlier than me, and is no longer in this world.

The child's name was Karen, and Emma herself came and volunteered "I want to name her my daughter's name," she said.

I don't know anything, about how Emma's child died, and concerning her family.

It's because she hasn't told me.

I guess if I ask, she will tell me, but I think that this kind of thing is not something this side to ask, but something one says oneself.

Not talking, doesn't mean one doesn't want to talk.

I don't have to force myself to ask.

"Emma named her Karen because she wanted to raise her for just as much as her deceased daughter." I was wondering whether she had her own reasons or not, and Sebas said that.

That might be so.

In fact, she has a different way of interacting with me, Erina, and Sei.

I can't quite explain where it is though.

In addition, in regard and when it comes to Karen is.......。

Un. I don't really get it.

I mean, she's always expressionless after all.

When I first met her, I thought it was because she was nervous and on her guard, but after a while and even now, her expression hasn't changed whatsoever.

Constantly 24/7, expressionless.

According to Emma, it seems there are times when she looks like she is smiling.

I can't tell at all though.

According to Karen's story, it seems Karen was stealing a loaf of bread and for that reason, she was caught by a government official and ended up becoming sold as a slave.

In the Serena Kingdom, where there is no slavery system, there is no law (rule) to sell someone as a slave just because they committed a crime.

And yet, it does so in the slum where Karen was from, which is in the Barth territory of the Kingdom of Serena.

Apparently, it seems this country is more rotten than I thought.

Honestly, if that is the case then I'm troubled.

Because eventually this country, no, this world will belong to Erina.

Filth must be disinfected.

..................。

In any case, uhh, well, what was it.

Until now, as her name changes, "I can't forgive you because you have it all," she was spending time every day so painful that she could say that.

From now on, even if not altogether, then just as Sebas says, I do think I want her to spend a life where you can have as much as you are satisfied with as Karen.

Incidentally, because she herself doesn't know her own birthday, her age was unknown.

More or less, she seems to have memories of three cold winters, so if I calculate that she was two years old when she learned things, I will know that she is at least five years old.

In other words, older than I am in this world.

Knowing that, I remembered my sisters from the past, and ended up having a slightly complicated feeling.

What to do if I'm bullied.......。





TL: Maza Miya

Editor: Maza Miya

Comments

Post a Comment

If you were to find some oddities with my translation feel free to point it out.
-----------
No need to rush.