Masou Shoujo Chapter 3

Chapter 3: The Mob Be Fine With Stalking



Right now, I'm tailing the "hero" of this world, Gindou Kohaku. This situation might look like stalking, but I don't care. 

The fate of the world is at stake. So that kind of thing is not something to be worried about.

Even if the neighbourhood's children are pointing finger and their mothers are telling them to look the other way, I must not stop.

But still, she truly is beautiful. Everyone who passes by looks back at her.

Well, let's leave that kinda thing at that. That's not something to be on my mind right now. I just prayed that nothing happened until she returned home as is.


----



About ten minutes later, no problem. If things go on like this, she'll return to her home without being entangled with delinquents.

If that is the case, then the future of this world will be peaceful. I can enjoy my high school life without having to think about unnecessary things and get myself into danger.


 "Nee~chan. You're cute."

"That uniform is from Minna High School, right? Won't you play with us after this?"


――Aaahhh, did the world wish for destruction?

I just wanted, to turn my eyes away from the truth in front of me. It is without a doubt the entry point to the worst stories. A pair of delinquents were hassling Gindou Kohaku.


"My apologies. I have something to do after this so."


Gindou Kohaku tried to pass by as it was when she told them with a smile that she had something to do. But one of those defects grabs her arm.


"Come on, don't say that"

"Oh yeah, let's just leave those plans alone."

"Please let me go. Didn't I tell you I have something to do!"


The two delinquents seem to be as violent and forceful as they look.

This here, if I wasn't wrong, she can get through it well, but as expected, I can't pretend not to see it.

Besides, this could be an irregularity, and by any chance, she might be taken away as is.

....To be honest, I’m scared. I don't like dangerous things anyway, and I've tried to train after I regained my memory, but it's not that I'm particularly strong.

But, I have to go. I have to change something. Alright.


....Let's go!


"Wa-, Waitー"

My voice ends up being raised a little, but I go toward those defects. Three people looked at me. The delinquent glared at me with sharp eyes, and Gindou Kohaku seemed to contain a slight amount of surprise.

"What's it? You?"

"I am her classmate.... yes"

I was going to go cool, but I ended up messing up a little.

“That person has important schedules to do, so please let go of her. Otherwise, I will call the police.... you know”

"We're not scared of the likes of the police, yeah?"

"I can kill you before they come after all."

They are such savagic people. I have no choice but to think so. We're not scared of the police, they say; their heads also seem to have gone nuts.

".... Ah! Police!"

I pointed behind those defects. Though there was no one behind them, my voice volume was reasonably loud.

No matter how much they say we're not scared of the police, it's probably going to be somewhat difficult for them to move if they're actually there. Or rather, they shouldn't be able to move.

I saw through their bluff about not being afraid of the police.

However, no one, not even the delinquent or Gindou Kohaku, looked back.

"You really think imma get caught in such an old-fashioned hand?"

"To think there was someone who would do that these days."

"......"

To each their own, but they seem to be quite surprised. At my strategy that is too stupid.

I switch over at once.

"For now, please put off your hands from her."

"Feels bad man, but she's going to play with us after this."

"Yeah, that's――*Buaa*!"

――Her fist sank straight into one of the delinquent's cheeks.

The beaten delinquent unintentionally releases his hand. And is it was, she ran away.

"You're running away too."

She took my hand and ran off. 

....I feel like the position now is the other way around or something.

"Tch! We're chasing them!"

"You fuck, got some nerve looking down on me you shit!"


The delinquents are running toward her and me. However, she and I were reasonably fast on our feet, so we managed to give them the slip.


"You saved me. Thank you very much." (Kohaku)

"I didn't do anything." (Izayoi)

In the end, the conclusion is that she's the one doing almost everything, or so. What I did was about, "Ah! There's police over there!"

"No, you really saved me there. Um~mm, you're in the same class, right?" [You = Anata]

"Yes, my name is Kuroda Izayoi."

“My name is Gindou Kohaku. Please let's get along from now on. Izayoi-kun."

She held out her hand. This is probably her asking for a handshake. Well, since I've come this far, let's might as well. And so, I held her hand.

"Same here, Please let's get along with each other."

Her hands are something soft. What is it? My heart is pounding. I held hands with her too earlier, but I wasn't conscious of it, so it didn't leave much of an impression on me. But now I have nothing but peculiar impressions.

After we let go of our hands, she asked me.

"Izayoi-kun. Is it fine to ask you one thing?"

"Yes. What is it?"

"You, why did you try to help me? Perhaps you might get hurt or the delinquents might have their eyes turn on you before you knew it, you know?"

This question is a complicated question. Though it could be heard like a normal question too....

One probably could say it's because it is her that she ends up curious and ends up asking.

".... I thought I had to do something if my classmate gets tangled up with a delinquent."

This answer is not a lie. Though most of the reasons are for the sake of the world, this answer is also slightly included. Is like how I'd describe it.... I think?

".... Is that so? That's wonderful isn't it."

"Thank you"

She complimented me with a smile. But then her smile disappeared from her.


――But, if you get too overly engrossed with others, you will make yourself unhappy.


And so, a few words were muttered and issued from her to me. Her expression at that moment was so cold that it looked sad. It also felt as if the atmosphere of the place froze for me and her.

But soon she was back to smiling. And also, at the same time, I felt that the place between us had returned to peace.

"Well then, I have plans so. Do excuse me."

"I'll walk you home."

"It's okay"

"No, just to be sure"

This is the one thing I will not give up. Those defects might come again. There was no such depiction in the story, but those things are still around here. There might also be slight irregularities.

Though if there is, it might be me the one responsible....

There's likely also the possibility of a sudden bad ending due to my strange movements.

This here I have to go as her bodyguard-cum-scapegoat doll in case of an emergency.

"No, it's really okay."

"Just in case. Please."

I bowed my head. Because I want to protect her no matter what. No matter what kind of emotions I might have.

"You are an unusual person, aren't you? Izayoi-kun." "This is normal."

I followed behind Gindou Kohaku.

When a man and woman walk together, usually people around might think they have a special relationship, but I don't have the luxury to worry about such things.

As I walked her home next to her, I constantly put my viewpoint to the east, west, south and north; in all directions, front, back, left, and right.

The kids pointed their finger at me, but I couldn't afford to care.


◆◆◆



He's a strange man. And so I thought.

It's about him suddenly saving me from being tangled up with delinquents, so I thought maybe he was a proud fighter, but it wasn't. Rather, I got the impression that it is his weak point.

His legs were shaking a little too, after all. And his voice got high as well.

I don't understand what's that all about.

If you're scared, it's fine to not come out. You can just pretend you didn't see it.

And yet how did you come out? Why, did you face fear?

It was weird after that too. After he said he would walk me till home, at first I thought he wanted to get closer with me, but he was constantly on the lookout for the surroundings.

It's like he was ready for those defects to come anytime. As a result, there is hardly any conversation.

He really only followed me to protect me.

When someone does things like that for me, it reminds me of things I don't want to remember.

A stupid who was betrayed even though she had the courage to act for someone.

A stupid who became alone because of her strange sense of justice.

――When I looked at him, I ended up remembering something I really didn't want to remember.





TL: Maza Miya

Editor: Maza Miya

Previous Chapter | ToC | Next Chapter

Comments

  1. The world is going to end unless a mob saves it. It's so unusual that I like the concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He stopped being a mob the moment he received a premonition of the future.

      Delete
    2. No, this is kinda common nowadays actually.

      Delete
  2. I really like the concept of a mob stepping up to the fray.
    Sure, he's not the protagonist, but anyone can play a vital role if they were determined enough to take the first step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's far more interesting for an ordinary person to overcome a crisis through ordinary means than for a superhero or magician to do the same using special powers, but it also requires the author to have knowledge and creativity.

      Delete
  3. Bro talk too much like a politician in his monologue, then when the first event came, it turned out he has no plan. Like wtf!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you were to find some oddities with my translation feel free to point it out.
-----------
No need to rush.