Villainess Brother Chapter 25

Chapter 25 : Genius Sorcerer



A month has passed since the Cranbell family great disaster (The Big Fire).

Finally the magic teacher comes.

Sebas and I are currently waiting in front of the mansion to welcome them.

The name of the teacher who teaches the magic class is Cheryl Barrett. (Pronounced as Sheryl)

From what I heard, they were a former teacher at a school in the royal capital, and it seems my father also learned magic from Cheryl-sensei.

They have a high reputation as a teacher, and even now they seem to be a special lecturer at a military academy in a country called the Ludoa Empire.

And just by being a lecturer for the elite, their skills as a sorcerer are also guaranteed.

According to what I heard from Sebas, it seems my father has never met a sorcerer who surpasses Cheryl-sensei.

Apparently they are said by some to be one of the top five geniuses in the world.

You can't help but have high expectations for this guy alright.


♦ ♦ ♦



After tens of minutes of waiting, a small carriage came into view running on the road leading to the mansion.

It's finally time to meet directly the genius and excellent teacher I see.

The approaching carriage slowly slows down and stops in front of the mansion.

When the door of the box-shaped passenger seat (cabin) opened, a lone little girl came down.

She's a little over 150 centimeters tall. Straight peach hair down to her waist, and the impression of being strong-willed from her pointed eyes and her mouth.

She has an eyepatch on her left eye.

Judging her age from her appearance, she looks like she's ten to twelve years old.

She wears a navy blue robe over a black blazer and lower-leg-high boots.

And she has a big bag in hand.

It's like a student who goes to magic school somewhere.

Is this child about that?

Is she a teacher's disciple or something?

Probably, she must be what you call a disciple-cum-attendant.

Thinking so, when I was waiting for Cheryl-sensei to come down from the cabin.

Bang!

Then, the little girl wearing a blazer, who seems to be the teacher's disciple, ended up closing the cabin door.

Moreover,

"Well then, this will be it for me"

With that, the coachman pulled the reins and let the horse walk.

And the carriage goes back the way it came.

Whut?

Could it be, this little girl is......

When I made a prediction, Sebas told me that my prediction was right.

"We've been waiting for you. Cheryl Barrett-sama."

Just as I thought!

So just as I thought this little girl is Cheryl Barrett-sensei!

It caught me completely by surprise.

Much younger than expected. Or rather, too young.

I told my father, so at least she should be older than my father, and yet.

No, wait.

This is a fantasy world.

Maybe this is normal.

It might've been something like that.

It's like she's kept young by magic, or that she's of a different race.

When I was thinking like that, Cheryl-sensei glared at me discontentedly with a sullen look on her face.

“Seems that Cranbell’s heir can’t even say hello to his superiors.”

Ah, crap......

I hurriedly corrected my posture and introduced myself.

“First time meeting you, Cheryl Barrett-sensei. My name is Luke Cranbell, the eldest son of the Cranbell family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming to the faraway land of Cranbell."

I was staring at Cheryl-sensei without even giving her greetings, as if I were underestimating her.

I can only say that about me as rude.

In addition, as a person who had always taught Erina that "greetings are the most important basics, try to do it on yourself as best as you can", this was terribly pathetic.

Careful now, for Erina's sake.

"Cheryl Barrett. Let's get along, Luke."

Perhaps she was back in a good mood, or maybe she didn't really care that much from the beginning. Cheryl-sensei held out her right hand to me and asked for a handshake as if nothing had even happened.

"Yes, please let us get along with each other."

This time, to avoid any rudeness, I grasped the offered hand at once and exchanged a handshake.

It was at that time.

(Wha-......)

I was struck by the sensation of a foreign substance flowing into my body and circulating in every nook and cranny.

What is this......

After the handshake ended, the sensation disappeared at the same time.

What in the world was that just now......

"You must be tired from your long trip. For now, I will show you to your room. Please feel free to put your bag with me."

Sebas accepted the bag while I was surprised by the sudden turn of events and led Cheryl-sensei into the mansion.


♦ ♦ ♦



Cheryl Barrett was thinking about the future while unpacking in the room Sebas guided her to.

"It's no wonder Lloyd is asking me. I wonder if it's been decades since I've seen a child who seems to be so worth teaching. I'm looking forward to tomorrow."





TL: Maza Miya

Editor: Maza Miya

Previous Chapter || ToC || Next Chapter

Comments