VIllainess Brother Chapter 28

Chapter 28 : The Things I Can Do



After we finished talking about Karen, Cheryl-sensei came and said something shocking, straight to the point.

"Luke, you are the exact opposite of Karen, you have so little magic power that it's sad. Much lower than the average of the students in the royal capital academy."

Are you serious really!?

Luke Cranbell is a mob character.

I was prepared to be average or below average in many ways.

But, I didn't expect it to be so drastically below average.

It seems that there are many magic that can't be used because there is too little magic power.

Apparently I don't have the pronounced blood of my heroic ancestors. Sad.

For the time being, the magic power increases according to the growth of the body.

However, the amount of increase is proportional to the amount of magic power originally possessed.

In other words, it only widens the gap between you and those of the same generation who have more magic power than you do.

As I was just looking forward to magic, the shock was so strong that I felt like I'd become depressed.

However, but! This is no time to be saying such things.

I have a mission and destiny.

A mission to become a splendid brother for Erina, and a destiny to create Erina's world.

This is no time to be depressed!

"Cheryl-sensei! If I don't have much magic power, then in its own way is there anything I can do?"

Me accepting the current situation and acting immediately, kinda cool.

"Nothing"

Nothing.

*Gabiiiin*

"Normally not. However, Luke, it's not that it doesn't depend on you."

Just which one is it!?

That's hard to understand, Lorille-sensei. 

[Tl note: No, I had no idea what he was talking about with Lorille-sensei. Maybe he meant Loli, but then again, the name is France-like so.... I just translate it like so.]

"Is it up to my efforts?"

"That's right. Your ability to manipulate magic power is excel. If it goes well, you might be able to use magic without chanting."

Wh-, What did you say!?

Was my ability to manipulate magic power excel?

When I asked her why she knew such a thing, she said that she sensed my hidden talent when we shook hands on the day we first met.

It's like she poured a minuscule amount of magic power into my body to check me up.

That's frightening! Is what I feel to that.

So that's why I feel a strange sensation that time, huh.

Normally, it was crafted so that I wouldn't even learn of its sensation, but on top of noticing it, it seems that I was trying to push Cheryl-sensei's magic power out of my body with my own magic power.

According to Cheryl-sensei, the thing I did seems to be considerably something that even a skilled sorcerer can't do.

"That's a big deal. If it's the usual, it would take thirty years to reach that level, even at the lowest. Talent alone can't explain it. Just what kind of mechanism is there?"

Cheryl-sensei felt some doubts about it, so I told her what I thought.

"I think it's probably, because Erina is cute."

"Haa?"

"I'm sure, it's the result of the hard work I put in for my cute Erina."

"......I see"

"Absolutely yes."

"........."

Cheryl-sensei seemed to be convinced.

Of course right? Erina is cute right?

For the time being, it seems that if I do my best, I'll be able to use magic without chanting.

Un, I don't need that.

"I want to chant in a normal, cool way, so I'm okay with that."

I don't feel much charm in omitting chants.

I like to chant and use magic in style.

I mean, chanting is the real thrill of magic, right?

"If it's fine with you to be a low-ranking magic-use-only dropout, then just do as you want."

"After all, I want to use magic without chanting."

I decided to master chantless.

First, normal magic exercise by chanting.

For me it's my first time magic.

*Doki*doki* *Throbs*.

Once after I've been shown an example by Cheryl-sensei, thrust out my right hand and speak the chant I've been taught.

"By using my power as your sustenance, become a crimson arrow and show me that form, Fire Arrow!"

This is a low-rank fire magic, | Flame Arrow <Fire Arrow>.

A flaming arrow about thirty centimeters appeared at the tip of my right hand and flew away at high speed.

Where it flew to, is Cheryl-sensei, who's on the watch for it to make sure nothing catches on fire.

Cheryl-sensei seized the flaming arrow with her bare hand with a snap and stubbed it out.

"Ooh......"

Rather than about using magic for the first time, my impression of the display of power the legal loli showed is stronger though.

I thought it would definitely be offset by magic you know. [Tl note 1]

By reciting the chant, the magic power in my body flowed to my right hand, creating a fire arrow at the tip of my hand.

However, this is not a phenomenon caused by chanting.

It must be remembered that magic is invoked by manipulating magic power with the power of the body.

Hence, a power of concentration raised to the limit is needed, and chanting is an aid to raising concentration.

It means that everything, is that your image moves the magic power and creates magic.

I made my body remember the movement of magic power that materializes the image from Cheryl-sensei's example.

It seems that normally, it would take several years just to invoke well a low-rank magic, but......

Now then, from here is the main subject.

This time I have to do it without chanting (aid).

*Ba-*!

Thrust my right hand forward and concentrate my magic power into that hand.

So far is OK, the problem is what beyond this.

Remembering the movement of the magic power at the time of chanting, and changing its form into a fire arrow......

*Bo-*

"Eh?"

A fire arrow that appears at the tip of my right hand.

I ended up being able to do it easily.

When I image a fire arrow flying, the fire arrow flew to Cheryl-sensei at a somewhat slower speed than before, and this time it was erased by a finger flick.

"What a surprise. It's more than expected."

Cheryl-sensei is surprised.

I was also surprised that it was erased with a finger flick.

And,

"That's why, I lament you having so little magic power."

She's going all very unfortunate about it.

Yeah, really.

Even though if only my magic power was average, I would have been happy with it as a cheat ability.





TL: Maza Miya

Editor: Maza Miya

[TL note 1: Offset by magic = cancelling each other out by magic.]

Previous Chapter || ToC || Next Chapter

Comments