Villainess Brother Chapter 8

Chapter 8 : Strange Thing



Two years and one month old now.

According to Sebas, my father said he would hire a tutor when I turned three.

However, I begged my father to move it forward, and so he is already hiring.

I'm going to be a top notch Onii-chan.

Whether it's studying or whatever, it's decided that the sooner I make an effort to improve myself, the better.

What I learn from my tutor is academics.

They are roughly divided into five categories: mathematics, language, geography, history, and politics.

It's natural to say that it's obvious because it's studies for a three-year-old, but even if that's not the case, civilization itself doesn't seem to be very high, the course to enter the school is completed with only arithmetic and simple memorization that elementary school students learn.

For me, a former high school student, this would be much of a leeway just like Yoshibee (喜兵衛/Kihei). [Tl note: I couldn't find the reference but I at least found something close enough to it.]

Even my tutor was surprised at my precociousness and quickness of learning.

"I'm a child prodigy!" I even said that to my father you know.

Magic and swordsmanship, which I was looking forward to, started from the age of five.

I was told because it was dangerous I had to wait until I was five years old.

Well, I can't help it because my body isn't ready yet.

Even if it's good to make early efforts, if I overdo it and get hurt, then it's all coming to nothing.

In my previous life, I felt frustrated because I couldn't participate in club activities due to injury.

I have to take that as a lesson in this world right.

So far, things are going according to plan.

However, there was one thing in the mansion that worried me about something other than Erina and myself.

It's about Erina's nanny.

Breast milk will come out when the baby is born, right?

Erina's nanny is always at the mansion... but when is she going to see her child?

Does she have any children in the first place?

I was curious, so I decided to go to Erina's room and ask her directly.

"Oh, Luke-sama, did you come to see Erina-sama again?"

"Un, that's right, Arche."

The current time is 1 PM.

Today is the seventh time I've come to see Erina.

Since waking up in the morning, I've been visiting Erina's room one or more times an hour.

The wet nurse, Arche, was just breastfeeding Erina while being taught how to raise a baby by Emma.

"Luke-sama really likes Erina-sama isn't he." said Arche.

"Well, I didn't just come to see Erina right now. I came here because I wanted to ask Arche."

"What do you want to ask me?"

"Un, nee Arche. Doesn't Arche have a child?"

"... a child, is it?"

Hearing my question, Arche made a slightly troubled face.

It's not just Arche, I feel like Emma's expression has changed a little too.

"There is... a boy, just one."

"oh, as I thought so, you do"

"Yes....."

"Where is Arche's child?"

"At Cruz Village where I live."

"I see was that so. But Arche is always in the mansion, right? won't you go see him? Isn't the child also wanting to see Arche?"

"That is......"

Arche seems to find it difficult to answer my question.

Perhaps guessing that, Emma answered instead.

"Luke-sama and Erina-sama are members of the Cranbell family. And we are citizens of the Cranbell territory. The people of the territory give priority to the prosperity of the Cranbell family and the territory. Even if that is, regarding of our child."

It sounds difficult, but the point is...

"Erina is more important than your own child, so you're giving priority to raising Erina? Without even going to see your own child?"

“Yes, that is the duty of those who live in Cranbell territory.”

Duty... 

Such a thing is,

"Such a thing is strange."

".....About what, is strange?"

"It’s about prioritizing Erina over your own child. It’s true that Erina is the cutest (in the world), but for parents, their children are number one priority. Even Arche's children should want to be with their mother."

"Luke-sama......."

Just when I thought Emma called my name in a whisper, she gently hugged me.

"Emma?"

"Please excuse me. Just for a little bit, is it okay for this to stay as is?"

"U, Un......"

After about ten seconds of hugging, Emma lets go of me and said, "I'm very happy with how you feel."

She continued, "That feeling alone is enough."

Like as if such thing is enough.

Even Emma thinks it's strange, doesn't she?

The reason why Arche seemed to find it difficult to answer was because her mindset were different from that of the duties of the citizens of the fief isn't it.

If that's the case.

"Well then I'm going."

"Where do you plan on going?"

"To my Father, I'll go say strange thing is strange to him."

"Luke-sama......"

Emma was about to say something, but I left the room without worrying about it.

I think she was debating in her heart whether to stop me or let me go.

If I tell my father about this, she might get into trouble. No, no doubt this will turn into a dispute.

Therefore, it should be stopped in my position.

But, to be honest, my motive about telling my father "this strange" like so is just because I want to do it.





TL: Maza Miya

Editor: Maza Miya

Comments

Post a Comment

If you were to find some oddities with my translation feel free to point it out.
-----------
No need to rush.